Academic Support Services
COLLEGE GUIDANCE AND ACADEMIC ADVISING
- Coordinates individual planning in completing personal graduation plans, college applications, standardized testing
(SAT/ACT), college exploration and vocational/career counseling, academic advising, and course scheduling.
- Coordinates Advanced Placement (AP) and dual credit programs.
- Coordinates academic support services for students who are struggling academically to include: parent-teacher conferences, tutoring, schedule revisions, etc.
Services to assist students with individual planning in completing personal graduation plans, college applications and standardized testing, college/career counseling and academic advising are managed by Mr. Steve Perritano, Director of College Guidance, (Students M-Z) and Mr. Bill Hill, Counselor, (Students A–L).
- Assists students and parents in academic, college and career counseling.
- Provide PSAT, SAT, ACT, Dual credit and AP course guidance and offer a SAT Prep Course on campus three time a year (Fall, Spring, and Summer).
- Antonian is a SAT and ACT Test Center, we administer both test twice a year.
We prepare transcripts for summer programs, colleges and universities and scholarships, NCAA and NAIA, etc. Naviance (Family Connection): Is a web-based service designed especially for students and families. It is a comprehensive website that you can use to help in making decisions about colleges, careers and plans. It is a service that we use in our office to track and analyze data about college and career readiness. For more information click here.
Information About Transcripts:
Dual Credit Transcripts
College credits earned through dual credit classes are conferred by the university, not Antonian College Preparatory High School. As such, students must request dual credit transcripts directly from the issuing university not from your Antonian counselors. Please do not order your dual credit transcript until after the end of the school year in order for St. Mary’s to have time to post grades. The link for ordering your dual credit transcript is: https://www.stmarytx.edu/academics/registrar/transcripts/
Ordering Transcripts from Antonian
All requests for transcripts to be sent to a college or university MUST be made through Naviance. NO verbal or written requests for transcripts will be accepted. Please do not request a transcript until AFTER you have applied to the college or university. When ordering transcripts in the first semester please request “initial” transcripts.” During the second semester requests should be for “mid-year” transcripts.
Final transcripts do not need to be requested. Antonian will send a final transcript for each student to the college or university identified by the graduate as their intended school in the graduation program. Final transcripts will only be sent to college and universities for which the graduate has an acceptance on file in the counseling office.